Last night the Council’s Cabinet met to discuss the proposed redevelopment of the Westbury Estate and it resolved that the estate will be partially redeveloped. This means that:
- Amesbury and Durrington Towers will be retained
- The low-rise blocks (Isley, Fovant, Welford and Allington Courts) will be demolished and redeveloped to re-provide all the existing homes and deliver additional new homes
What happen’s now?
This decision means that the Council will start to work up detailed plans with residents on the estate for the redevelopment of the estate. I appreciate that this may be unwelcome news for some, especially those directly effected. However, going forward we will aim to provide you with as much certainty and information as possible.
As a part of this I would like to invite you to our regular drop-in sessions. This is your chance to raise with the Council any issues or concerns you may have. These sessions will be held in the Amesbury TRA room during November and December. These will take place on the following Wednesdays:
- 11th, 25th November and 9th December: 5 to 7pm
- 18th November, 2nd and 16th December: 10 am to 12pm
The Council’s Key Guarantees
As the Council Cabinet has decided that Westbury is to be partially developed the Council’s Key Guarantees will come into effect. These guarantees include:
- for tenants in the low-rise blocks, a guarantee that you will be offered a new home on the estate that meets your housing needs; and
- for leaseholders in the low-rise blocks, a guarantee that there will be a variety of options which will enable you to remain living on the estate in a new home.
You can see all of guarantees on the link below:
What happens next?
There is still a lot of detailed planning to do before any work can take place on the site and we do not expect building work to start until sometime in 2017 at the earliest.
The next step is to select a team which will develop detailed plans for the estate and we want you to be involved in selecting that team. The council has short-listed some development teams who will present at an exhibition on the estate on Saturday 21st November.
This is residents opportunity to score the development teams. The exhibition details are:
Heathbrook Primary School
St Rule Street
London SW8 3EH
November 21, 2015 at 11am - 3pm
Who are the design teams?
You can read about the different teams below:
You can also RSVP for the event on the link below: