Last week we held two public drop in sessions for neighbours of Westbury Estate to see the developing designs.
The Development Management Team presented information that has been shared with residents at REP meetings and in newsletters since our last public event in October. Information presented was:
- An introduction to the Design Team (view here)
- A summary of the Survey Results (view here)
- Masterplan update (view here)
- Material precedents (view here)
- Open space concepts (view here)
- Phase 1 concept sketches (view here)
- Landscape design concept sketches (view here)
These events were attended by 38 residents and neighbours.
Key feedback from neighbours focused on the Phase 1 buildings with people telling us:
- They wanted to know what the height of Block E and the impact it will have on views and light;
- Residents of Brooklands Court next to Block C2 wanted to know if people would be walking past their windows at ground floor;
- Residents of Brooklands Court wanted to know what the impact of Block C2 of would be on views and light.
It is worth noting that since November 2015 the team have rotated Block E so that the four story piece is adjacent to The Westbury and moved the building footprint further east away from the existing homes. The height of this building will be a maximum of 10 storeys as approved by cabinet in November 2015.
All the feedback will now be processed and shared with the design team and Lambeth. If you have any additional comments please send them through to Catherine via [email protected] or phone 0800 0720 265.