Thank you to all those who came to the exhibition on Saturday, we had 49 attendees and spoke to 11 people on their doorsteps in our door knock of the lowrise.
We will be circulating a summary of the information to each household in a final newsletter next week but you can view the full exhibition boards here.
The Council Cabinet papers about the regeneration of Westbury Estate have been published. You can read them by clicking here.
The proposed redevelopment would see 86 homes demolished, the two towers retained and 318 homes new homes built resulting in 232 net additional new homes.
If redevelopment were to take place, then the Council's Key Guarantees to residents will become effective for all residents whose homes will be replaced. These Key Guarantees include:
- For tenants, that you are guaranteed a new home on the estate, sized according to your housing needs; and
- For leaseholders, that there are a variety of options which will enable you to remain living on the estate in a new home.
You can see more details on the Key Guarantees on the link below:
The Cabinet meeting which will consider this will take place on the 9th November, 7-9pm.
If you would like to make a representation at the November Cabinet meeting you will need to contact the meeting clerk, David Rose ([email protected]; 0207 926 1037) by Friday 6th November. Please note that you can also attend the meeting if you do not wish to speak without informing the clerk.
To provide as much certainty as possible at this stage we have put together an indicative timeline of what we expect to happen if the Council Cabinet agrees to these proposals on the 9th November.
- Appoint of Development Manager by December 2015
- Masterplanning through to Summer 2016
- Confirm masterplan and business plan September 2016
- Planning application December 2016
- Start building Summer 2017