Who is responsible for private tenants if an estate is being rebuilt?


If you are letting your property then tenants will be your responsibility as their landlord. You will need to give them notice and provide vacant possession of your home to the Council at the required time. The Council will liaise with you and provide you with adequate time to give notice to your tenants according to the tenancy agreement, etc. The Council will not be able to provide accommodation for your tenants. However your tenant could seek assistance and advice from the Council Housing Option Team.

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.

Created with NationBuilder